My GoPro Wi-Fi BacPac did not update the firmware properly; I am unsure why as I followed the GoPro instructions to the letter and it “bricked”. Bricked for those of you that do not know is when electronics stop working typically because of firmware or hardware problems and when a GoPro BacPac bricks it will not even turn on.
I had problems with CiniForm because it showed the BacPac as up to date so it would not show the update button in the device window, just a change name and password button. I searched and searched and found a million things that people said fixed there problem but it did not work for me. I kept finding broken links to the ever elusive “beta” version of CiniForm, it has an update button that was always there instead of only when it thought you needed it, I searched the GoPro site and a bunch of other sites before I happened onto a good link that redirected me to the GoPro site for download. I am unsure of if I was just not smart enough to find it on the GoPro site or if they have it hidden but here it is download from GoPro
Here is what I did to fix my bricked BacPac and it worked for me. I am not a “tech guy” and this worked for me so if it does not work for you I cannot help you so proceed at your own risk.
1. Dump CiniForm off of your PC
2. Download and install download from GoPro
3. Start CiniForm
4. Plug in the Hero2 and hit update
5. When finished unplug the Hero2
6. Plug in the BacPac and hit update
7. When finished power up the Hero2 and connect it to the BacPac leaving the BacPac plugged in via USB
8. Power up the remote DO NOT HOOK IT UP VIA USB
9. CiniForm will prompt you that he remote needs to be updated so hit the update button
10. The remote update failed and I hit the retry button and it failed again
11. Close CiniForm remove all connections from the PC
12. Restart CiniForm
13. With the Hero2 powered off but still connected to the powered up BacPac connect the BacPac to the PC VIA USB
14. If CiniForm does not show the BacPac as connected then hit the refresh button
15. Power up the remote
16. Hit the update button and everything should show up to date or update
17. Play with your remote controlled camera!
Discussion about Photography and Video, equipment, techniques, and editing software
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests