Non-traditional snow wheeling rigs....

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
WitchTits

Non-traditional snow wheeling rigs....

Post by WitchTits »

I found a couple pictures in my old folders of rigs that went place they shouldnt have been.

Everyone probably has a good handful of trucks...or cars :roll: that led to buying and building a capable snow
wheeling machine.

Let's seem em.
Attachments
PC151106.JPG
P2101204.JPG
nickb

Re: Non-traditional snow wheeling rigs....

Post by nickb »

Thornbirds!
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

My first vehicle was a 4wd Subaru hatchback. I really wanted to buy this early bronco, but when my dad saw how much oil it was leaking, he shut me down. The subarus were easy to lift due to the adjustable coil buckets and rear supension. The subaru got around pretty good considering. It didn't last long though. I screwed up and my dad sent it to the junk yard.

Then I saved up and bought a wrecked Bronco II. I straightened it the best I could, welded up the rear end, and threw on some 31 inch buckshot radials. It worked really well.

At the time, there were very few Bronco II's being wheeled. People laughed when they saw me coming, but not so much when I passed them! The bronco ii had a pretty good run, about 12 years I think. Did really well in the snow once I put in the V8 and 36's.

WINTER IS HERE
H8PVMNT

Post by H8PVMNT »

I always had my Toyota, I bought it new at the end of highschool. Back then it was a '94 pickup intead of an '89 4runner though. I had those same buckshots back in the day. Boy I wish they still made those tires!
Wake Up, It's 5:29, time to go wheeling!