Howdy from an XJ guy-

Welcome to SnowTrek.org. If you love the snow, then you've found the right place! Use this forum for general discussion about any topic. Drop-in, say hello. Get to know the other Snow Trek enthusiasts.
PettyCashRacing

Howdy from an XJ guy-

Post by PettyCashRacing »

Hi, I'm Matt and I'm addicted to Cherokees. Here are a couple pics of my current wheeler and current stats:

'98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2-dr, 4.0 liter I-6, AW4 automatic, NP231 w/ Terra 2-low, JE Reel driveshafts
37" Kevlar MT/Rs on 17" Walker Evans, ~6" lift using RE springs coils & leafs, Clayton Long arms, LII Traction bar, Currie Anti-Rock sway bar
Front: SpiderTrax 609, Crane Kingpin D60 knuckles, 35-spline Superior shafts, CTMs, Redneck Ram Assist, ARB, 5.13s in Superior aluminum 3rd member, Solid Axle 5 on 5.5 conversion
Rear: Superior Super Ford 8.8, ARB, 5.13s, Crane diff cover
1.75"x.120" Hybrid Exo cage with tied-in rocker replacements, tube fender flares and THOR taillight guards, Moab 4x4 bumpers, Warn XD9000i, VisionX lighting all over, etc...

Walker Evans and Walker Evans...wheels:

And my other Cherokee that I compete with in the 24 Hours of LeMons racing series. From Sears Point (Infineon Raceway):

From Buttonwillow Raceway:

Here's a Link to In-car footage and the team Facebook page

Looking to getting my Jeep back on her feet (got an electrical gremlin killing my ARBs at the moment) and snow wheeling with you guys!

-Matt
"If you can't be good, be colorful." -Pete Conrad
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: Howdy from an XJ guy-

Post by Nobody »

Welcome to the site. Nice to meet you. Get the Cherokee going and we'll hit the snow again! You're street racer cracks me up...lol...nice...
WINTER IS HERE
kfinney

Post by kfinney »

Hi there, Welcome. From one owner to another. . . Nice wagon :redneck: How do you like the mtrs?
PettyCashRacing

kfinney wrote:How do you like the mtrs?
Single best tire currently on the market. I can start a new thread with my take on them and condition specifics if anybody is interested. I was at the press launch when they were first released, had the first set in Washington, and have wheeled them all over the West.

-M
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

I sure would like to see some side by side real world tests in a controlled environment. It always seems like the new tire on the block is always the best. Remember when it was all about Boggers? I would definately like to hear more.
WINTER IS HERE
PettyCashRacing

Nobody wrote:I sure would like to see some side by side real world tests in a controlled environment. It always seems like the new tire on the block is always the best. Remember when it was all about Boggers? I would definately like to hear more.
I'll get on it. I can give impressions from 33" on a near stocker to 42" stickies on a comp buggy and everything in between.

-M
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

I really really hope to see or do some real world testing in the snow sometime. I've got my opinions on some criteria that make a good snow tire, but I think some of that goes out the window once the tires are beyond a certain size.
WINTER IS HERE
PettyCashRacing

Nobody wrote:I really really hope to see or do some real world testing in the snow sometime. I've got my opinions on some criteria that make a good snow tire, but I think some of that goes out the window once the tires are beyond a certain size.
The Kevlar MT/R is not the best snow tire I've ever seen, in fact it's probably where it does the worst. That being said, it's still very, very good in the white stuff, certainly better than the old style MT/R.

-M
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

I see you have a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern :idea: :finger:
WINTER IS HERE
PettyCashRacing

Nobody wrote:I see you have a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern :idea: :finger:
I'm totally down for swapping tires mid-day and doing some back to back testing. Actually, Jesse came over to my house the night before our Jack's Pass trip to swap tires, but his wheels wouldn't fit over my D60 hubs.

-M
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Ok then, lets do it sometime. Of course we'd need some good snow for testing. Day's like yesterday, I don't think it really mattered what you were running.
WINTER IS HERE