New member. I like your idea for this site.

Welcome to SnowTrek.org. If you love the snow, then you've found the right place! Use this forum for general discussion about any topic. Drop-in, say hello. Get to know the other Snow Trek enthusiasts.
ToddKaz

New member. I like your idea for this site.

Post by ToddKaz »

I found your site yesterday while I was going through some snow wheeling videos, I registered last night and today I wanted to check in and say hello. I live down in the Vancouver area of Washington and do most of my snow wheeling in the southern Cascades, although I have gone as far south as the Sierra Nevadas to find new trails and deep snow. I would like to make it up north a time or two this winter to see some of the great snow you guys get. A site dedicated to snow, snow wheeling and even sno-cats.....how great is that! Thanks.

Here is a picture of my Bronco (I see you guys like EB's) although I have not taken it up in the snow as of yet, it has been more of a summer rig.

This my Suburban that I do 90% of my snow wheeling with. It is set up very well for snow and is running 46" Baja Claws, it also has winches F&R as well as custom 60 axles and shafts, onboard air and double beadlocks.

And another shot in some deep snow last year.
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: New member. I like your idea for this site.

Post by Nobody »

Welcome to the site. Thanks for checking in. Very nice Bronco! and chevy
I'd love to have some 46's in the snow.

We are still very slow on this forum...hopefully some more folks will find us now that the snow is falling.
WINTER IS HERE
ToddKaz

Post by ToddKaz »

This site was a great find. So many people love going up in snow, especially here in the N.W.

I am sure as more people hear about your site they will sign up by the hundreds. I have seen many sites and this is the first I have joined, again I think your idea is great.

The 46" Baja's work really good. I needed the size (and the width) to support such a big truck in the snow. Right now I am weighing in at 8560 lbs fully loaded with gear, 2 fat guys and 50 gal of gas. With the double beadlocks (Stazworks) I am able to air down to 2 or 3 psi without any worries. A couple years ago I ran this truck with 38" Swampers and Stauns, the Stauns worked great but the 38's just weren't enough to allow me to go where I wanted. A couple years before that I was running 36" Swamper radials and Trailready's, I lost the inside bead at least 15 times in one snow season and the 36's just didn't cut it. I don't think I'll go much bigger than it is now though, it's getting hard to get in and out.

My wife is from the Silverdale area and we both would like to hit some trails up there sometime this winter, they do allow Chevy's on the trails up there, don't they? Hell if not I could always throw the doors on the Bronco and see how she would do. 8-)
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

I've been running 36x12.50 super swamper radials for several years now. I'd like to go bigger but can't really afford it. They're mounted on 15x8's without beadlocks and I can't remember the last time I lost a bead. I run them at 3 psi pretty frequently. I'm sure 8,000lbs has something to do with the bead issue though :o

Keep in touch here and there will definately be opportunity hook up and go wheelin. All are definately welcome. My idea with this site is to bring everyone that enjoys the snow together.
WINTER IS HERE
Mumblewood

Post by Mumblewood »

Welcome and nice rig's
ToddKaz

Post by ToddKaz »

Thank you.....and thanks.
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

Did you have a ball joint problem with the Bronco at SOB a few years back? I have seen it before and I am trying to pin it down. Anyway it sounds like there are plenty of snow wheelers down south so it's going to be road trip time, maybe when the snow hits there and not here you guys can show us around.
ToddKaz

Post by ToddKaz »

Yes. SOB about three or four years ago I hit the backside of a sand dune a little to fast and on impact broke an axle tube clean off the center section. I had to come all the way back home to get another rig to pull it out of the dunes......ahh fun times.

We always get some pretty good snow here fairly early on, so heck yeah we'll show you around. And if that doesn't work we'll take a road trip your way.

Last year four of us towed the Suburban all the way to Grass Valley CA for a weekend of "extreme" trail rides put on by the CA4WDA. We had to get beyond 6000' to find snow in the Sierras. Good bunch of guys though and they put on a pretty good show. I still like NW snow wheeling better.
JessKaz

Post by JessKaz »

Grass Valley was definitely a good time! If anyone wants to read about it, there is an article in the January issue of Four Wheeler.
Mumblewood

Post by Mumblewood »

I was just a the store flipping through a four wheeler mag and saw your Suburban in it at the Cali snow run, Looks Great :!:
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Mumblewood wrote:I was just a the store flipping through a four wheeler mag and saw your Suburban in it at the Cali snow run, Looks Great :!:
I stopped by Safeway on the way home and had a look. Great pic!
WINTER IS HERE
ToddKaz

Post by ToddKaz »

Thank you. The photographer took hundreds of pictures of the Suburban and sold them to Four Wheeler to do a article on the truck. It's my understanding though that black trucks don't show up well in magazines. So I am happy to at least have the one picture in there.