SnowTrek window decal...

Welcome to SnowTrek.org. If you love the snow, then you've found the right place! Use this forum for general discussion about any topic. Drop-in, say hello. Get to know the other Snow Trek enthusiasts.
H8PVMNT

SnowTrek window decal...

Post by H8PVMNT »

I haven't been on here long enough to contribute anything but this site is cool enough to merit some window decals or something. Maybe with a snowflake behind the letters SnowTrek or something like that. I would buy one for sure. Big for a windshield or even small like bumper sticker size, whatever...

Also do you guys have a way to contribute financially to the site like other forums to help with costs?

In Montana we don't have alot of legal wheeling that's challenging except in the winter when everything gets snowed in, then lame logging and farm roads get interesting. Not many of the locals, even the 4WD clubs are knowledgable about the techniques and methods it takes to make good progress in the snow. Most don't even air down and very few even run lockers. I want to push this site as a tool to educate these guys out here and get a good scene going.
Wake Up, It's 5:29, time to go wheeling!
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: SnowTrek window decal...

Post by Nobody »

Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate your interest in supporting the site.

This is a free site, and I intend to keep it free and allow photo uploads, avatars, etc. I did provide a couple affiliate links to Amazon.com and Backcountry.com on the main forum index page in the "Snow Gear" description. If you use those links, I will get a small referrer kick back on the purchase at no cost to you. That would of course be appreciated...

The best contribution is just to participate. I love checking out trip reports and projects. It would be great to start getting some product reviews going too. I try to post up a short review anytime I come across a product I like. I hope that if we can build a good content base, we'll attract quality like minded people.

I have put some effort into a couple logo/sticker ideas. Thus far, I haven't come up with anything I'm completely happy with. I would like to provide some stickers, and maybe shirts or something at some point, but I'd really like to pin down a good logo first. Here's a sample of one that snowphoto was helping me with, but someone thought it kinda looked like a swan...lol. I'm not a very artistic person, so this stuff is rather difficult for me. I might just roll with SNOWTREK.org or something to get started.

Thanks again for the feeback.
WINTER IS HERE
H8PVMNT

Post by H8PVMNT »

I will be sure to shop with these guys sometime then.

As far as the logo: That looks pretty good. I see what they mean about the swan. I think if you squared off the top of the S it would eliminate the resemblance. I do like the tire track alot though. We put on a 4WD trials comp usually once a year called "Fall Crawl 4x4 trials" and our t-shirts had a bgf track with some autumn leaves blowing around our text. That logo kind of reminds me of it.

Maybe take off the swan-ness and add a snowlake or two... The ideal of just plain text is all right too. Heck I don't really care I'd take it how it is.

As far as content and reviews I can probably do the new MTRs snow review next month if nobody else has allready.
Attachments
073.JPG
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Part of the difficulty of logos is designing something vector graphic friendly, so it can be easily scaled and printed. Anything with too much detail is an issue as well. At this point this forum is really slow, this topic hasn't even come up, so I haven't put much effort into it. I guess, if there is some interest, I'll give it another go.

Definitely post a tire review. I'd love to hear/see now your MTR's work. The more input we get from the community the better. I know Jamsession is running at set that he siped himself. I believe he has been pretty happy with them on his Jeep Rubicon.
WINTER IS HERE
H8PVMNT

Post by H8PVMNT »

I'd like to see how his sipes look. I have the same groover as you guys and I was thinking of siping them a bit once I get them going. I might want to run them as is for review purposes though what do you think?
Last edited by H8PVMNT on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

I edited my post above and added the link to his pics. They turned out really good.

here's the link again
http://www.snowtrek.org/forum/viewtopic ... 2&start=20
WINTER IS HERE
H8PVMNT

Post by H8PVMNT »

Here is a really simple attempt... Make it just white lettering in vinyl peel offs, a bumper sticker with black lettering on colored background, whatever.

Sometimes less is more with this stuff. I'm sure somebody can do better though :redneck: .
Attachments
SnowTrek Logo....jpg
SnowTrek Logo....jpg (7.4 KiB) Viewed 3033 times
Samurai19

Post by Samurai19 »

I like you're logo Nobody maybe just cut the mountains out and put a normal S for now. I have vectorizing software at work for our waterjet I'll play with it a bit see what I can come up with. Maybe some SnowTrek highlift jack bases.....
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

H8PVMNT wrote:Here is a really simple attempt... Make it just white lettering in vinyl peel offs, a bumper sticker with black lettering on colored background, whatever.

Sometimes less is more with this stuff. I'm sure somebody can do better though :redneck: .
That's not bad. A simple underline has a nice effect.
WINTER IS HERE
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Samurai19 wrote:I like you're logo Nobody maybe just cut the mountains out and put a normal S for now. I have vectorizing software at work for our waterjet I'll play with it a bit see what I can come up with. Maybe some SnowTrek highlift jack bases.....
Some people get to have all the fun!
WINTER IS HERE