new guy from puget sound area

Welcome to SnowTrek.org. If you love the snow, then you've found the right place! Use this forum for general discussion about any topic. Drop-in, say hello. Get to know the other Snow Trek enthusiasts.
sonota

new guy from puget sound area

Post by sonota »

hey guys saw some videos on youtube. checked out the site love what you got going. im new to 4x4 but have been dirtbiking my whole life so my trails now consist of walker valley orv. iv taking my truck up there a few times but love driving in the snow and looking for good spots and great views with the wife. im wondering if anyone from the skagit area know of some close on the west side of the mountains. maybe a good spot to park a trailor that isnt in a theft infested area like were i have been going. thanks ahead of time for anything i can get.
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: new guy from puget sound area

Post by Nobody »

Welcome to the forum. Is your wheeler a trailer queen only? There are few forest service roads, but if you're not street legal, you can be ticketed. As for tow rig parking, I don't think your own driveway is safe anymore. That said, over the years of wheeling, I've never actually been wheeling with anyone that has had their tow rig messed with. I guess it's just luck of the draw.

As for the snow, it's all about timing. Pretty much everything around here is lower elevation, so you have to wait for the snow level to come down and dump a decent amount.
WINTER IS HERE
WitchTits

Post by WitchTits »

Hola :beer:
Im with Nobody. Not alotta safe anywhere, especially westside..
Ive had good luck, knock on wood, around naches and rim rock area as far as leaving campgrounds unattended.
Never parked a trailer and truck though.

If you got a trailer queen with out a plate, good luck. Id say haul ass to deep snow and youre good ha.

Not to cross reference forums, but i bet if you posted on pirate4x4 northwest section, you could find someone that owns private property nearby any wheeling spot in WA to park a tow rig and trailer.
sonota

Post by sonota »

it is street legal with plates but my tires i run off road and the beadlocks give me death wobbles so i like to trailor it up unless its close. but thanks for some spots ill have to head up and check them out.
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

Theres areas around Darrington you can go. Is your dirtbike plated? what is it?