Hello from Anacortes.

Welcome to SnowTrek.org. If you love the snow, then you've found the right place! Use this forum for general discussion about any topic. Drop-in, say hello. Get to know the other Snow Trek enthusiasts.
Baller

Hello from Anacortes.

Post by Baller »

New-ish to the site. I've lived in Anacortes for a few years but, haven't gotten out much. I love to hike, backpack and wheel, none of which happen any too often. Anyways, looking to get to know a few people in the area to safely explore with. Made my way up to Slide Lake not long ago for some fly fishing and am itching to get back up into the hills.

Baller

People always like pictures so, here's my rig.
'85 Toyota
'69 Bronco
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Anacortes.

Post by Nobody »

Welcome back. How was Slide lake? I've heard of it, but never been in there. nice jeep...(did I say that out loud?) :tongue:
WINTER IS HERE
Baller

Post by Baller »

Nobody wrote:Welcome back. How was Slide lake? I've heard of it, but never been in there. nice jeep...(did I say that out loud?) :tongue:
It was well worth the trip. Nice drive up there. The 1.4mi hike in was, largely, enjoyable. A word of caution, the trail signage states that the trail is easy. IMO, easy, it is not. When I think easy, I think I could take my two oldest, 8yo and 6yo, with me without trouble. That would not be the case. There were times we completely lost the trail and questioned if we should continue. The weather was perfect, though, and we enjoyed some success fishing. I'd definitely recommend it. So, what's the problem with Jeeps?

Baller
'85 Toyota
'69 Bronco
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

I heard it was an easy hike too. Jeeps are great, I just have to root for the home team. ;)
WINTER IS HERE
Baller

Post by Baller »

Nobody wrote:I heard it was an easy hike too.
Yah, I surely wouldn't call it easy. I also, though, wouldn't call it hard. I would still take my two oldest, I would just prepare them for it.
Nobody wrote:Jeeps are great, I just have to root for the home team. ;)
To be honest, I've got some skeletons in my closet as it pertains to my wheeling rig. I've also got an uncut '69 Bronco that's torn down to the frame. I had intentions of building it up when a cousin fell into some hard times and made me a deal for his Jeep that I couldn't resist. The first number of monthes I had the Jeep, I had to teach my boy that Jeeps are not junk, as I had first taught him. I've vowed to build the Bronco with him, he's now 6, when he gets a little older. In due time.

Baller
'85 Toyota
'69 Bronco