Friggin' Brrrrr...

Welcome to SnowTrek.org. If you love the snow, then you've found the right place! Use this forum for general discussion about any topic. Drop-in, say hello. Get to know the other Snow Trek enthusiasts.
H8PVMNT

Re: Friggin' Brrrrr...

Post by H8PVMNT »

Well it's not so bad all the time; usually when it gets this cold for a while we get a chinnook a week or so later and see like 40°-50°.

So as it turns out we had -35° in Great Falls last night and even -37° in a few low spots. That would explain the slushy anti-freeze. My wife was driving it to a craft fair/trade/sell thing in the middle of nowhere and the 4runner was still getting hot so she shut it down for a while and limped the rest of the way in. I put a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator and the reflective heat off the engine finally thawed it to the point it would cool itself and flow again. I have to go to town for a job today so I will pick up some fresh anti-freeze and mix it right. Something is not quite right if we are freezing up, probably too many water top offs over the past few summers making the mix less than ideal...

I was watering amimals this morning with a bucket from the creek and it was like making a candle, with another 1/2" of ice on the bucket every time i dipped it in the water.
Wake Up, It's 5:29, time to go wheeling!
H8PVMNT

Post by H8PVMNT »

Yesterday it was 0° F and everyone breathed a sigh of relief. This morning it is nearly 20° F so that's a 50+ degree difference from a couple days ago! The wind is blowing the snow around in drifts all over and it actually feels balmy. It's amazing how the deep freeze changes your perspective, a few weeks ago this would have seemed cold...
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

We're at about 25F now, and they're calling for some light snow changing to rain... boo :frown: It was a nice little cold snap though. Wish we would have had some snow on the ground first.
WINTER IS HERE
H8PVMNT

Post by H8PVMNT »

Yeah it gets pretty sketchy over there with the frozen rain and numerous stupid drivers.
H8PVMNT

Post by H8PVMNT »

Today we had the blowing snow. I hade a 370 mile work trip in the 4Runner, 60 miles of busting drifts on farm roads. The rest was just ice covered and white pack highway :(. Days like this is why my wheelin' rig is also my work truck. Sorry I failed on photos though, naturally I was running late so I didn't have much time for nonsense. I will get some next time to show some of what I do for a living.

Way up in the twenties today though!
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

comon get some pics!!