This winter sucks!

Welcome to SnowTrek.org. If you love the snow, then you've found the right place! Use this forum for general discussion about any topic. Drop-in, say hello. Get to know the other Snow Trek enthusiasts.
EBSTEVE

This winter sucks!

Post by EBSTEVE »

Maybe it's just because I am bummed about not having an real snow, no hangover run or just the fact I have not been up in the mountains in sometime.... I started looking at the Mt Rainer site to make myself feel better and there it is, just as bad there! First thing I noticed is that the snow area at Paradise is only at 59% of the average snow and it is closed! http://www.nps.gov/mora/parknews/delaye ... pening.htm There is a 5' requirement to protect the meadows and there was a skimpy 38" on Dec 18th.

I hope we get a few good storms early into next year so we can salvage this winter, but the one thing that really hits home with me is that I need to get out more when there is snow because there is no guarantee. (that said it's just a down year so far)
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: This winter sucks!

Post by Nobody »

We're going to be in trouble this summer too if we don't get some snowpack.

I'm in full on no-snow depression. I took last week off hoping to get a few snow days in. I should have just went to work :puke:

http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_sn ... ic=30006.0
WINTER IS HERE
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

mt baker ski resort just got 12" last night. let's hope this trend continues. I think we should have a group run to Rat Trap Pass once a big dump happens at 3,000ft
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

n16ht5 wrote:mt baker ski resort just got 12" last night. let's hope this trend continues. I think we should have a group run to Rat Trap Pass once a big dump happens at 3,000ft
I'm in. We need a 2+ foot dump first though. Of course I'm in no position to be picky at this point!
WINTER IS HERE
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

There's a little more snow up there