Video editing software: Youtube made easy

Welcome to SnowTrek.org. If you love the snow, then you've found the right place! Use this forum for general discussion about any topic. Drop-in, say hello. Get to know the other Snow Trek enthusiasts.
Nobody
Site Admin

Video editing software: Youtube made easy

Post by Nobody »

I've tried several different methods of editing videos and uploading to youtube. The Sony Vegas software, by far, is the easiest with the highest video quality. I've been able to import mpeg and quicktime mov without converting. It optimizes the video and uploads to youtube on the fly.

The program costs $40. You can download a free 30 day trial from sony.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dow ... iestudiohd

If you've got some suggestions, please share!
WINTER IS HERE
Mherriford

Re: Video editing software: Youtube made easy

Post by Mherriford »

I have been interested in getting into shooting some video on wheeling trips, I am a full time student, trying to finish up my degree. I am taking a digital video editing class next term, will see what kind of stuff they have us use. What kind of camera are you using in your videos?
Qui vult dare parva non debet magna rogare.
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

The older videos are Hi-8 or quicktime vids from my olympus c3030 digital camera. Now I've got a Sony DVD810 camcorder. It's not high def or anything though.

I know Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas pro are a couple of the higher end video products.

I was just impressed with Sony Vegas Movie Studio. It seems to do everything needed for the home user. I'll probably buy it after the trial runs out.
WINTER IS HERE
Mherriford

Post by Mherriford »

I'll look into the sony software, thanks.
Qui vult dare parva non debet magna rogare.