New user from Enumclaw, Wa to Snowtrek.org

Welcome to SnowTrek.org. If you love the snow, then you've found the right place! Use this forum for general discussion about any topic. Drop-in, say hello. Get to know the other Snow Trek enthusiasts.
whiteman

New user from Enumclaw, Wa to Snowtrek.org

Post by whiteman »

Howdy :D

Stumbled across this place while doing some winter web wheeling! Since I love big tires and snow I felt the urge to join.

I am web wheeling because I am currently without decent means to "snowtrek". I'm hoping to assemble a new rig this summer for next season. I recently moved to a new house and chose to sell the well prepped TJ for a better financial buffer. To top it off my wife and I just delivered our 3rd child and a TJ is just to small. The wife has an 85 CJ7 that needs a motor but that's on the back burner for a few years.

I'm currently collaborating parts to finish up the tow rig, when it's completed and ready to reliably tow I will begin focus on a dedicated snow wheeler for a family of five.

Looking forward to webwheeling here :redneck:

Lewis
Walk by faith not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7
76 F350 cclb 460bbf HPKPD60 Fordteenbolt 285/75r16 KO2s
85 CJ7 258 d30/amc20 grooved 33"KM1s

:usa:
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: New user from Enumclaw, Wa to Snowtrek.org

Post by Nobody »

Welcome to the forum. I've got a family of five too. The Bronco is getting small quick! Four doors would be very welcome at this point. I've got a V8 Explorer I could build, but I'm not too crazy about those for off-road use.I think at the very least I'm going to have too look into some sort of roof rack, or other methods of getting gear outside.
WINTER IS HERE
whiteman

Post by whiteman »

I'm considering a 78/79 bronco with a manual trans. If I could set it up on 40-42" tires with minimal to no lift I feel it would get us around pretty well on snow covered logging roads.

It would look great on the trailer behind the 76 f350 crew cab long bed...
Walk by faith not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7
76 F350 cclb 460bbf HPKPD60 Fordteenbolt 285/75r16 KO2s
85 CJ7 258 d30/amc20 grooved 33"KM1s

:usa:
christensent

Post by christensent »

whiteman wrote:If I could set it up on 40-42" tires with minimal to no lift I feel it would get us around pretty well on snow covered logging roads.
If it's a dedicated snow rig, why keep lift low? If I didn't use my Jeep for street driving plus summer trail use, I'd lift it sky high. You can never be high enough for deep snow wheeling and center-of-gravity for rollover mitigation isn't really an issue in typical snow wheeling.

Also, although I know almost nothing about Bronco's, I'd be pretty impressed if you can fit 40-42" tires on ANY vehicle without some lift! Unless you bump-stop it to 1" of up-travel or something but that just gets pointless.