Puget Sound lowland snow

Welcome to SnowTrek.org. If you love the snow, then you've found the right place! Use this forum for general discussion about any topic. Drop-in, say hello. Get to know the other Snow Trek enthusiasts.
Nobody
Site Admin

Puget Sound lowland snow

Post by Nobody »

I've lived in the Puget Sound area my entire life, and this is most snow I recall seeing before Thanksgiving. Some areas recieved several inches of snow. All the roads around my house are covered. Usually the snow changes to rain after a bit, but this time it's staying cold. I hope this weather pattern holds!
Attachments
PB220003 (Custom).JPG
PB220004 (Custom).JPG
WINTER IS HERE
EBSTEVE

Re: Puget Sound lowland snow

Post by EBSTEVE »

I hope it holds as well but I don't know if Sarah will be able to get out in her Jetta if there is too much! The roads in front of my house are wet, it's 31* and it's been snowing since 7am. I do hope that WWU is open tomorrow since I have to go there and take a test.... I think I will leave really early and hope.
ps the Bronco is about done finished!
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Laugh it up... I barely made it home in the Jetta! Glad I bailed early, or I'd be spending several hours on I-5 this evening.
WINTER IS HERE
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

I may call tomorrow if I am close and sick of driving. I don't think I am really happy about going to Bellingham tomorrow.
And in all seriousness how does the Jetta do? Tanya's did fine but her Passat would not go anywhere.
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

I just put new tires on it last month. I tried to do a panic stop on the way home and I wasn't stopping for shit. Few minutes later a kitten ran out in the road right on a wood bridge. I think it used up one of it's lives, there was no way I was was going to stop in time. I think the jetta would actually do better with more accumulation. I think the yokohama's were better in the snow than the pirelli's I have this time around.
Attachments
One of the many times I had to dig out winter 2008.
One of the many times I had to dig out winter 2008.
WINTER IS HERE
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

Carma,
Had to go get the wife from work, it's a 30 min round trip normally and it took me 2 hours and 10 min.
It's amazing how bad people drive.
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Ha ha :laugh:
WINTER IS HERE
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

This was earlier in the evening. Right now we've got about 3 inches and 22 degrees. School is cancelled for tomorrow. I never had a snowday before turkey day. Kids these days have it so good. :cool:
Attachments
PB220005 (Custom).JPG
WINTER IS HERE
jwillie

Post by jwillie »

It took me almost 6 HOURS to get home on Monday! My boss called this morning and said have a good Thanksgiving and we will see you Monday! Really long weekend for me. I'm going to go nuts sitting at home for 6 days. Good thing I put new shoes on the ranger and fixed the hubs last weekend. At least I can leave the house. I'd drive the Heep but its at my parents house.
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

6 hours damn. I so lucked out that I left work when I did. I even stopped for lunch on the way home. By the time I got home it was snowing pretty heavy.

We missed you on saturday. Where is your parents house? Get the jeep!

I'm starting not to have fun. I've got frozen pipes at both houses. Supposed to get down to 6* tonight. :rolleyes2:
WINTER IS HERE
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

I had to get from west seattle to east arlington last night... OY. I actually got home in 2HRs, normally it takes about 1.25hrs. Got 6" at my house, had a good time today playing around in it... think I'll go snow wheeling tomorrow :).
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

You need a hand with the plumbing? I was going to be doing a bit of work on my place but if you need help just give me a call!
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

EBSTEVE wrote:You need a hand with the plumbing? I was going to be doing a bit of work on my place but if you need help just give me a call!
Hopefully everything will be ok. I shut the water off at the old place. The line freezes where it crosses the creek. I even left it dripping, but it wasn't enough. I think I caught the faucet at the new place early enough and got it covered up.

Maybe instead of snow wheelin I should have been winterizing....... nahhhh :redneck:
WINTER IS HERE
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

n16ht5 wrote:I had to get from west seattle to east arlington last night... OY. I actually got home in 2HRs, normally it takes about 1.25hrs. Got 6" at my house, had a good time today playing around in it... think I'll go snow wheeling tomorrow :).
Look forward to a trip report.
WINTER IS HERE