Anitbott plates for old Grivel G12 crampons

A place for Mountaineering and Hiking discussion and trip reports
Nobody
Site Admin

Anitbott plates for old Grivel G12 crampons

Post by Nobody »

I picked up this very used set of Grivel G12 crampons. I'd like to get some of the Anitbott / Anti balling plates for them, but apparently there are different types of plates depending on the age of the crampon. I have no idea how old these crampons are. The only identifying number I can find is 0082 on the heel. Looking on google I'm not seeing any like mine with the black heel lever. Anyway, does anyone know what generation these might be and what specific antibott plates are compatible?

WINTER IS HERE
EBSTEVE

Re: Anitbott plates for old Grivel G12 crampons

Post by EBSTEVE »

They are the old style, the points are different on the new style and I believe there are only two generations. Look on Backcountry or Gearscan and you can find the bot plates but I don't believe they make them anymore so its just old stock.
I have the exact same crampons, I would sharpen them with a file and let's go to Muir to test them out.
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

Ok a bit of clarification. What we have are the old style they have a yellow nylon toe vs the black and the way the strap attaches is different but the buckle is the same, the rear spikes are serrated on the new ones and the second spikes from the front seem to have a different shape.
Attachments
G12_New_Classic.jpg
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Was just looking at http://www.backcountry.com/grivel-g12-antibott-plate and see that the "Old" style is pre 2008.
WINTER IS HERE