Gross Weight?

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
Nobody
Site Admin

Gross Weight?

Post by Nobody »

Went to the dump today and they were slow so I was able to check my gross axle weight front/rear.

1970 Bronco, 5.0L, NP435, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, Dana 60 Rear, 36x12.50 on steel wheels, soft top. No family cage or winch, and me inside.

Front: 2420
Rear: 1820

Total: 4240

My total weight was 4180, I could see it on the display and my receipt confirms it. I don't know if the lady didn't let the scale settle or, if there is supposed to be some discrepency, but 60lbs difference is quite a bit.

A little disappointed in weight distribution. I expected a difference, but not 25%. Time for a fiberglass hood I think, and fenders!

What are you weighing in at?
WINTER IS HERE
EBSTEVE

Re: Gross Weight?

Post by EBSTEVE »

I don't remember my split but I don't recall it being that much different and my total was about 43-4400 IIRC loaded down. You can hit most state truck scales to check your weight if they are closed, you can see the scale thru the window. If you scale weight is off a bit they might have got it at a spike, we can not do that at my work but some places can. All commercially used scales have to be certified per weights and measures. The difference is probably something to do with a sloped approach to the scale or an uneven amount of the Bronco on the scale or so on.