Trip Report: Last Run for 2012

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
Chris Immer

Trip Report: Last Run for 2012

Post by Chris Immer »

014 (640x480).jpg
014 (640x480).jpg
Trip Report: Last snow run for 2012 was had on Saturday as I met up with Dion Z in his jeep and his buddy with a Yota. We met 13 miles east of Highway 9 on the South Skagit Highway and headed south on Forest service road 17. We then continued south on FR18 until we just could not push any more snow. The snow was light but not light enough to plow through the deep. It would not pack allowing us to get on top. Running the lower elevations was perfect with snow flying over the rigs with to much speed. The higher elevations it was too deep for high speeds and slow speeds would not allow us to get on top. After 100 or so truck length gains we decided to call it and head back the same direction we came. Now here is where you would do well to learn from my mistake. When you decide to let someone borrow the gas caddy to empty the contents of older boat's gas tank that happens to be steel.....Try to remember that it is not the stuff you want to put in your tank while on the trail. It will lead to multiple stops (like 30) to drain the in line filter of rust and debris allowing fuel to get to the engine! Even when I arrived at the gas station in Sedro and filled with fresh gas it required two more stops before making it home. Over all it was a great run. You need to plan ahead for this run every year as it is groomed as soon as the snowmobile guys can get r done. It is one of my fav runs every year. So look for us after the first good snow at low elevations and join us for a great run.
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: Trip Report: Last Run for 2012

Post by Nobody »

Thanks for the trip report! Lots of great snow out there right now. I can't wait to get out again.
WINTER IS HERE
n16ht5

Re: Trip Report: Last Run for 2012

Post by n16ht5 »

nice. more pics???