1987 4runner SAS

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: 1987 4runner SAS

Post by Nobody »

You can fill up directly off the pump. To get started, you can get a free flowing air chuck and hook your hose directly to the pump and run it without a tank. Just be sure the system is free flowing so no pressure builds up. So you put a MALE quick connect fitting on the pump, to the FEMALE on the hose, to the FREE FLOW air chuck on the other end of the hose. You'll need to bypass the low pressure cutout on the a/c system. Then when turn on the A/C air blows out the chuck. Then you can piece together your tank system with filters, pop off valve, gauges, etc.
WINTER IS HERE
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

I dont run a tank, they don't do anything for you if you are just filling tires.
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

n16ht5 wrote:I dont run a tank, they don't do anything for you if you are just filling tires.
I agree if you are just filling a rire but I blow tires all the way off of wheels. The tank at 145psi makes seating the bead much easier.
KS4runner

Post by KS4runner »

Okay good to know, but heres my catch 22. I have a perfectly good AC system, that i run FULL time, because its a condenser, therefore draws all moisture and everything out of the cab constantly and keeps it nice and fresh inside and i never have fogged windows, or very little anyway. SO is there a way to quickly revert back and forth between functional AC and OBA without a hassle or is this a one way street? That's kind of my determining factor..
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

It's a one way street. But since you're a fabricator, you should be able to fab up a bracket for a second pump. I made my own bracket for my 5.0L. I'm not even certified :eek: . If you can't manage a second pump, there are other options. If you want to be serious about snow wheeling, you're going to need air of some kind.

WINTER IS HERE
KS4runner

Post by KS4runner »

Sheeeeet... Well I don't really think I've got the space for pump #2 is my issue. I'm just not willing to give up my AC for that setup as appealing as it is. Maybe I'll just get a co2 comp tank.... :/ haha so the bashing continues! Oh well haha. I'm more worried about 5.29 gears before I worry about the smaller things yet though !