On-Road Snow Tires

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
Jeep84

On-Road Snow Tires

Post by Jeep84 »

I know this is wayyyyy off topic, but there doesn't seem to be too much going on so I hope it is OK.
My wife drives a little GMC Canon 4x4.
I recently put new tires on it.
They are Multi-Mile Wild Country XTX Sport. These are the best all-season tires I have ever used in the snow!!
They were cheap. ($162 CDN)
Every time I drive her truck I am blown away by how well they handle on Ice and Snow!
They only come in smaller metric sizes so they are OEM only.
These are a 265/75R15 Approx. 30.5x10.5x15
Aired up I drove through 12" of snow and really, I didn't even feel the snow there.
I have driven it on Ice so slick that you can Literally see a faint reflection of the vehicle ahead of you and they just stick! These are all-season remember!
If you are looking for good tires for your daily-driver or your wife's mini-rig (you guys out there know what I mean, the one you slightly build up for her....but she doesn't care :tongue: ) then check them out! The price is right.
I bet even you will be surprised!
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: On-Road Snow Tires

Post by Nobody »

Is this the tire you're talking about? Had a hard time finding a decent pic of the tread. They have a lot of factory siping, which I like to see. Really helps them stick to the ice.

We're on the second set of Michelin LTX M/S on our Explorer. Been pretty happy with them, although a couple years ago, I had a near miss due to the damn antilock brakes!
WINTER IS HERE