Event: Hangover Run 2014 - CANCELLED!

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
Nobody
Site Admin

Event: Hangover Run 2014 - CANCELLED!

Post by Nobody »

***** DUE TO SEVERE LACK OF SNOW this event has been cancelled. *****

As always we'll be bringing in the New Year Snow wheeling with our unofficial Hangover Run on New Year's day. If you're not afraid to air down your tires to 2-4psi you're welcome to join...

At this point we're severely lacking in the snow department. Hopefully we'll get a decent snowfall before New Years.

I'm not much of an organizer or trail boss, so all I ask is that you come prepared to survive in the backcountry, and don't do anything too stupid...

At this point all my plans are tentative. If we get some good snow down by Stevens and it misses the North end, we might head down there. I prefer to avoid the crowds though. Watch this thread for changes.

This is not intended to be a "large" run, just something for the local forum members and their friends. I'd appreciate it if you don't post invites elsewhere on the net.

Full Disclosure: I haven't had the opportunity to check access. In 2012 we were shut down due to a washout, and last year the snow was crap and we only made it about a mile. There's always the possibility of gates and timber sales as well. If things don't pan out, we'll try to find a secondary location.

Meeting Time: Cancelled
Where: Cancelled
CB: Ch 4
WINTER IS HERE
EBSTEVE

Re: Event: Hangover Run 2014

Post by EBSTEVE »

I'm a maybe :finger:
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

I'm a hopefully
Baller

Post by Baller »

I've got a quick question. On a garden variety run, how long do you guys stay out? Is there a time you shoot for for being out of the snow and on the road home? Thanks.

Baller
'85 Toyota
'69 Bronco
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

It all depends, but usually we are hitting the pavement by dark. Being that I have to work the next day, I probably won't be out too long. The forecast looks terrible, worst ever New Years. I'm not even sure we'll need 4wd.

I'm probably going to bring the family and do a little sledding if there is enough snow for that.

Still watching the weather closely, might have to head out to d-town to get a little higher up.
WINTER IS HERE
Samurai19

Post by Samurai19 »

Looks like I might be able to tag along in the stocker! Lol! Since the samurai a still torn apart.
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: Event: Hangover Run 2014 - CANCELLED!

Post by Nobody »

Ok, I did a snow check this morning, and we have a serious lack of snow. I have no choice but to cancel this event. I've been doing this for 20 years, and I've never seen it this bad. Now, if some freak storm blows in over the next few days and dumps a few feet, we'll be back on. Looking at the forecast, that isn't going to happen. We'll have to reschedule another run after we get some snow.

I was hoping there would be enough snow for some sledding, but there is not even enough snow to make that worthwhile. After what I saw today, I don't even think it's worth the drive to get to 5,000-6,000 feet just to put around in crappy snow.

I'm open to suggestions for New Years.

Airing down at about 2,500 feet

3,950 feet

4,300 feet
WINTER IS HERE
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

Say it ain't so :-[
Baller

Post by Baller »

Coordinates of that camp spot?

Baller
'85 Toyota
'69 Bronco
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

I'm going dirt biking.
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Going to head up Mount Dickerman and see if I can get some snowshoeing in.

Sorry the Hangover Run isn't happening this year. This is the first time I've seen it like this! I hope it's not the start of a new trend.

Lets hope 2014 brings us some snow. Have a safe and Happy New Year everyone! :cool:
WINTER IS HERE