1-10-14 Tonga Ridge, alive and well!!

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
KS4runner

1-10-14 Tonga Ridge, alive and well!!

Post by KS4runner »

Here's a quick preview to tonight's trip up tonga ridge, aired down to 12 just to get off a little ice towards the bottom just to save the hassle but no need for any lower, MTR's are a pretty good full pressure tire. I wish I had the TSL's on though in that powder !! Can't wait to give them a try hopefully next weekend.. Solo run just me and my lady so we didn't go too far up only about 7-8 miles. Great to get back in the snow with no one else's tracks to mess around in !
Attachments
Here's where we turned around at, we cut our own tracks all the way up and 4 of my other friends were heading up in their toyotas when I got back into Monroe.
Here's where we turned around at, we cut our own tracks all the way up and 4 of my other friends were heading up in their toyotas when I got back into Monroe.
That's where I stopped to air down at, got deeper and started snowing harder from there. Got some new 3000k HID fog lights too !
That's where I stopped to air down at, got deeper and started snowing harder from there. Got some new 3000k HID fog lights too !
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: 1-10-14 Tonga Ridge, alive and well!!

Post by Nobody »

Nice. Looks like old man winter finally decided to show up. What elevation did you get to?
WINTER IS HERE
Kurtis

Post by Kurtis »

Nobody wrote:Nice. Looks like old man winter finally decided to show up. What elevation did you get to?
Looks like the Dirty 13 Fire Pit? The third Y if you start counting the train bridge. 3600ish
KS4runner

Post by KS4runner »

My altimeter is fairly accurate, within about 100 feet give or take and it was showing roughly 4200' just like every time, and I think it's the 4th or 5th Y actually, at any rate that's were we got up to an it was consistent dumping of snow the entire time from about 3500' and up, pretty happy to get out there! Probably gonna go again this weekend if this keeps up so I can head alot farther up in daylight. Anyone else going?
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

nice
KS4runner

Post by KS4runner »

hey n16ht5, i saw your 4runner on craigslist, what prompts the sale?