LONG day..

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
H8PVMNT

Re: LONG day..

Post by H8PVMNT »

I agree, based on prior experience with skinny swampers, keep them on the 8" wheels.
I have ran 32" radials and 34" bias TSLs in the past and flat footprint/highway pressure was around 21 psi for both of those. Of course I ran more psi for long highway but that is the pressure where you get a flat footprint.

Now I really want a set of these though...
Wake Up, It's 5:29, time to go wheeling!
KS4runner

Post by KS4runner »

Ahhhh, okay good to know. Well I've got a buddy that will trade straight across his 10's for my 8's, so I still dont know whether I want to do it or not, i really like my 8's, i just really have been wanting to flatten out the contact patch without losing mileage from running lower psi is all. And as far as a quick simple OBA fix i think i will go get a cheaper electric pump and let it be what it is, maybe at least run it to a tank under my bed though cause thats easy and i want a couple train horns since my air horns aren't loud enough ;)
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

You've got to be realistic. You're going to prematurely wear out a set of $1,200 tires to save few gallons of gas on the highway, only to go four wheeling with the throttle pinned everywhere you go. Here's a hint, get a commuter car ;).
WINTER IS HERE
KS4runner

Post by KS4runner »

Okay okay I'll drop them to see what gets me a flatter contact area, and yes I'd much rather save my tires than ruin them over fuel mileage haha.