The people you find stuck ...

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
Roger

The people you find stuck ...

Post by Roger »

One of the roads I like to drive is Forest Service Rd 5800 (Denny Creek). It's a section of the old road to Snoqualmie Pass. It goes up the west side of the pass between the eastbound and westbound sections of I-90. And, it is a through road. With current technology, this last fact leads to a problem...

Off-and-on all day, chains had been required to drive over the pass. This gal was headed over the pass and here friends had told her that she could get a ticket if she didn't have chains. She was taking the back road - in her 2WD Ford Explore - to avoid a ticket. Predictably she got stuck (just a few hundred feet in from where the plowing stopped). So what did she do? "I called 911 a half hour ago, but they haven't called back." WHAT, they didn't chew you out for calling for a non-emergency, shame on them.

And how did she know about this road? She talked to her mom on the phone, and her mom looked at Google maps and suggested she take this road. Well, we know where she got her smarts from.

Nobody
Site Admin

Re: The people you find stuck ...

Post by Nobody »

People never cease to amaze me. She could have been in real trouble with the weather systems blowing through.
WINTER IS HERE
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

She was pretty blessed that you found her.
KS4runner

Post by KS4runner »

Good lord... Some people make me want to rack my head against a wall. I think my IQ just dropped a few points... Here's your sign ;)