Snowwheeling in AZ......?

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
v33sonata

Snowwheeling in AZ......?

Post by v33sonata »

Hey Guys,

So I'm new here and have been in charge of planing a trip for next winter. A few of us who do wheeling decided we wanted to do a camping/snow wheeling trip. However AZ doesn't get much snow. The four of us are scattered thru-out the state and we need to stay within the state. Does anyone know of a place to do this in Arizona?

Thanks in advanced.
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: Snowwheeling in AZ......?

Post by Nobody »

I don't believe we have any AZ members yet, that I know of.... Hopefully someone will join and offer someone can offer some suggestions. Although I have to think just about any road should do just fine once the snow starts flying. We had a pretty low snowpack on the west coast this year, hopefully next winter will be better.

I was in the service with a few folks from AZ. I seem to recall them talking about going skiing and snowboarding. Find the ski areas and see if there are any forest service roads in the area.
WINTER IS HERE
v33sonata

Post by v33sonata »

Well looks like I'm the 1st! Maybe I can get a few members this way. Yea up north is some skiing area's but I wasnt sure of trails were open.
bobracing

Post by bobracing »

Old thread but
When I was down there the Mesa wheels went up to the Strawberry area. We got stopped pretty easy in the deeper snow but they where not great snow wheelers at that time and I was just learning.