A sad sob story.

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
KS4runner

A sad sob story.

Post by KS4runner »

Anyone who had kept up with my ever continuing build of my runner knew what a special rig it was to me and unfortunately that all came to a screeching halt on my way to work one morning in late July when believe it or not, trying to rid my runner of a spider I lost the road and went off an embankment just a 1/4 mile from my house. This was the result.. So to my sadness it was a total loss as far a rebuilding it went because I couldn't find any sort of worthy donors to put all my parts on, and it really just took all the glory of that entire build away and I decided it wouldn't even be the same to me again if I did build another. Let alone all the time trying to dial in a new rig it just wasn't economical for trying to get back and forth to work. Sooo, I threw down on a truck I really wanted and bought a stock 12 valve dodge with a 5 speed. And so far have worked it into this, another self built bumper and headache rack, soon to have a large on board air setup, and some 37x12.5x17 Dick Cepek mountaincats and 7" lift. It has a factory trac-loc limited slip in the back and if the snow persists I'm going to throw down for a mechanical locker for the front since I'm not worried about breaking axle shafts in the dana 60 HD. And I've got the manual hub conversion all done as well. May sound crazy to some that I'm going to try and snow wheel this, and sure it probably won't do what the 4runner could but I'm not giving up hope that it can do something. I've seen a lot of videos of these trucks going through some crazy deep snow with success. And if not, I can easily haul my sled now ! So there's my lengthy update, hope everyone is doing good !
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Fubar

Re: A sad sob story.

Post by Fubar »

sh!t that sucks man..

on the up side that is a badass 12v :cool:
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: A sad sob story.

Post by Nobody »

Been there done that a few times... My one old wise man tip is to buy a second daily driver car.

You can snow wheel a fullsize if you get big enough tires. The biggest problem with fullsizes is the snow is getting them unstuck.

Shortly after the V8 swap. Horsing around and got a little squirrely.

This one was in my yard :homer:
WINTER IS HERE