Trip Report: 12/27

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: Trip Report: 12/27

Post by Nobody »

Fubar wrote:Nobody, Are those pictures from that Ipad app you were talking about? ( i thought you mentioned it anyway) seems to have much better detail then google.
Those were just screen caps from Google Earth. Google Earth on the PC is nice because it shows elevation anywhere you move the mouse.
WINTER IS HERE
funride

Post by funride »

Do you use points on map and Google Satellite view?

I have started to create a route using ground road on Google Satellite view. I put marks, or landmarks or points in SAS.Planet, then create KML or KMZ file and open it in Androzic, its freeware version is not announced to open it, but when you open a file with it it opens it.
I have planned about a 80km of forest and ground road, and optionally about 500-600km of asphalt if I decide to go back on road with pavement...

And for a while I use Google Satellite just to avoid riversa and small ponds and such.

Last edited by funride on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fubar

Post by Fubar »

I just downloaded google earth and it is much better than goog maps.

the iphone app i was refering to is called MotionX gps .. it is very good and is updated often. i think i bought a 3 app bundle from them for 2.50 or somthing. worth every penny
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

I have motionx gps on my ipad. It was awesome when they let you save satellite maps from google or bing, but then they were forced to drop the feature because of licensing or whatever. I wish there was a way to get the old version.
WINTER IS HERE
funride

Post by funride »

Nobody wrote:I have motionx gps on my ipad. It was awesome when they let you save satellite maps from google or bing, but then they were forced to drop the feature because of licensing or whatever. I wish there was a way to get the old version.
Some apps while viewing save cache of Google Satellite, bulk download in shareware version of which is complicated: too much of tiny files.
I am viewing desired territories using Internet from the device and then leave, i.e. do not clear its cache.
Although dirung the ride I plan to use landmarks (straight pathes between turns) and having fun with the views and panorama, heh...