Event: HANGOVER RUN 2016

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
Seventee

Re: Event: HANGOVER RUN 2016

Post by Seventee »

Temps were in the low 20's. Supposed to be in the mid-30's this week! Might have to sneak out again this weekend.
70 Bronco
79 Bronco
79 F-150 4x4
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

I thought you'd be a lot colder than that. We're actually having a pretty cold winter for Western Washington. Usually we just get a week here and there of cold temps, then it's back in the 40-50's. Our lows have been consistently in the 20-30's for almost a month now. I just wish we could get some lowland snow to go with it. So far just a light dusting.
WINTER IS HERE
Chris Immer

Post by Chris Immer »

Pics, we need your pics!
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Ok ok ok, sorry for the delay! I only grabbed the camera a couple times. Just couldn't get out of the shade, so the pictures didn't turn out great. I really thought we had a good chance of getting to the upper mountain for some better photos. I should upload some dash cam of my 500 point turn around attempt. :laugh:

Photo Album: http://www.snowtrek.org/hangover-run-20 ... n-2016.php

Your friend with the Sammy on 29's did really well. I tried to pull him when he got suck, but I just couldn't get the traction and I was pulling him deeper, so I said we'd pull him down hill once we all got turned around. Then a few minutes later he was back with the group!

I'm not sure what's worse, the jeep pulling cable, or a ford with the hood up. Should have completed the photo and hooked the strap to the bronco. Would have saved us some time, or we'd each have half a jeep :redneck:

WINTER IS HERE
Chris Immer

Post by Chris Immer »

Killin me we that last pic!! You had some great shots. Thanks for posting.
Chris Immer

Post by Chris Immer »