radial iroks

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
broncogeo68

radial iroks

Post by broncogeo68 »

has anyone run the radial iroks I'm thinking about trying them on the bronco I'm building I've got a set of 38.5 boggers on it now I already had them but not a bogger fan thinking about trying 39.5 radial iroks would appreciate any input before I drop 2 grand on them thanks I'm
Chris Immer

Re: radial iroks

Post by Chris Immer »

I have had mine on my F250 since 2003. Performance is perfect. I have had two side wall cuts that leaked but did not zipper or blow out. My only regret is not getting the 41's They where not being made when I purchased the 39.5 The pic shows my truck with the tires in action.
Attachments
Hang (14) (640x480).jpg
Seventee

Post by Seventee »

I have a buddy that swears by them. Only complaint I've heard is about tread life.
70 Bronco
79 Bronco
79 F-150 4x4
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

The iroks seem to have a good reputation. I would only run the irok 39.5x13.50R15 on a lighter vehicle like a Bronco as those are load range C and will air down much better than the load range E that you get with the other wheel sizes.

Chris, do you think your new years day sidewall failure was a cut, or a result of too little air on the way down? Have you looked into getting it repaired?
WINTER IS HERE
Chris Immer

Post by Chris Immer »

It did not look like I ran on the rim. Inside no damage. Must of got cut on something. I went ahead and had Rob Pick get me another for this weekend. He did not want to mess with the repair. I will be getting a boot from Gemplers and do it myself. Good spare for off road anyway. When you gonna get your pics up. I want to give Dion a hard time! We have a great group going to Mazama this weekend Rick (Snohomish Transmission guru of automotive world), Carl (Super Jeep), Rich (Carls sidekick),Dion (guy in jeep I got unstuck with the ford! ;-) , James (Jeep, guy on utube who rolled), Kurt (scout) Free food and lodgeing if you can make it.
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Wow, I wish I would have known about that trip sooner :frown: . Sounds like an awesome group. Is it an annual thing? Who's organizing it?
WINTER IS HERE
broncogeo68

Post by broncogeo68 »

Thanks everybody for the info on the radial iroks think I'm going to try them in the 13.50×39.5×15 this will be the third rebuild on my 67 bronco I've owned it for over thirty years now always ran 38 to 40 inch tires on it the only changes I'm making this time is going from a 302 to a 351w and the paint color
Chris Immer

Post by Chris Immer »

Go with the 41's or you will regret it!!!!!!!!!!

We have been doing the Winter camp for the past 22 years. 18 of which we have had guys come and wheel. Always on Martin Luther King week end. I am the one to blame. All invited as it gives the kids at the camp somthing very special.
broncogeo68

Post by broncogeo68 »

Thought about the 41s but not available in 15 inch wheel size that I seen the load rating and stiff side walls concerned me my bronco is not all that heavy in my mind anyways the lighter more flexible side walls on the 39.5s would offer more traction?
Chris Immer

Post by Chris Immer »

Ah, yes, I see. I am running 16" rims so did not even think about them not being availible for 15". Sure enough looked them up and no 15". Bummer. Loaded my rig weight is 7600. If I air down to 7 the flex is great and when I am down to 3-4 they are flat. I wonder what your weight is? Just some more thoughts.
broncogeo68

Post by broncogeo68 »

not sure what the bronco weighs if I remember right I think about 3800 39.5 -13.50-15 should be good to go on it