Trip Report: Snow Run Report!

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
Chris Immer

Trip Report: Snow Run Report!

Post by Chris Immer »

Happy Campers
Happy Campers
This past Martin Luther King weekend, like the past 20 years or so, we held our Winter Wonderland Camp. Mazama WA is the location. Snow conditions where perfect for the kids to play in without getting wet. Each day we received some fresh snow. It was not possible to get on top as the temps never allowed packability. Even Carl Jantz with SuperJeep could not make headway without backing up and hiting it hard at times. Crawling was needed in most sections.
With the help of others such as Rick Pratt and his jeep, Kurt Franson and his Scout, Rich Rudman with his Yota, John and Carl's Janzanita and my self F250 we where able to make a nice loop close to the tubeing hill. Those guys did a fantastic job of giving thrilling rides to all. Sunday night Carl and I, Rich and John rigs dead at this point, decided to explore North cascades Highway from the east side. We had reliable infomation that the road was open to us with 7 miles of main Highway with multiple off shoots to explore. The vid is of our attempt. I had to run back to camp to get a load of kids and by the time I returned the tree was cut out of the path and Rich and John in Super Jeep made it to the end of the seven miles and met me back by the tree they had removed. A snowmobiler was thankful for the help and another was amazed that we could traverse the road with such ease. With all the snowmobile trafic it made it like driving on packable snow.
Truck full of kids having a great time.
Truck full of kids having a great time.
Carl with two lovely ladies
Carl with two lovely ladies
Mazama5.jpg (78.88 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
On the way home
On the way home
Mazama6.jpg (70.75 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
Happy Campers
Happy Campers
[attachment=3]Mazama Chris.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
Happy customers of Carl Jantz
Happy customers of Carl Jantz
Mazama4.jpg (116.35 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
Rick Pratts Jeep and my truck
Rick Pratts Jeep and my truck
Kurt Franson
Kurt Franson
Rick Pratt
Rick Pratt
My sponser, Best towing guy ever! Pilchuck Towing, Pat Riely
My sponser, Best towing guy ever! Pilchuck Towing, Pat Riely
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: Snow Run Report!

Post by Nobody »

Thanks for the Trip Report Chris! You had a great group. Too bad you didn't have better snow! Is Superjeep on portals now?
WINTER IS HERE