Suggestions: Snow Wheeling Nov 26th.

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
AutoXRacer

Suggestions: Snow Wheeling Nov 26th.

Post by AutoXRacer »

Hi, I have a group of Jeepers really excited about snow wheeling this weekend (Saturday), but I am not familiar with the best trails/forest roads to go snow wheeling on.
We had originally planned to do the WABDR route from Ellensburg to Cashmere and ending up in Leavenworth for dinner. With the elevations climbing as high as 6,400 feet and rumors of blizzards, I am not sure thats the best route for a beginners snow wheel group.

If you have any suggestions for mild forest roads or know of another group going on a snow run that wouldn't mind a small group tagging along, please let me know.

Thanks!!! And Happy Thanksgiving!!
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions: Snow Wheeling Nov 26th.

Post by Nobody »

Welcome to the forum! We had one heck of a storm last night. Probably a good plan not to get too crazy. At the very least make sure you have a saw. I expect a lot of windfall out there.

Stevens Pass is reporting 14" at the base, so that's a good gauge of what you can get into in the surrounding area. Since the vast majority of the roads top out about between 4-5000 feet on the west side, we really need the snow level to drop to at least 2,500' bring some of the fun areas to life.

Tonga Ridge will get you into some snow, but it will likely have a lot of traffic. From other peoples trip reports, there's always more snow up there than I expect. Jacks Pass is a really good area with several spur roads to run, but I expect the pass itself is probably bare. Still might be your best bet for a holiday weekend and you can get pretty high up.

I'd invite you up here, but I don't think there's enough snow to be worthwhile. Let's hope the weather holds!
WINTER IS HERE
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

I just looked at the Mount Baker snow report. They have a 56" base at Heather Meadows. 30" in the last 24 hours!
WINTER IS HERE
Chris Immer

Post by Chris Immer »

Report?