Thrift Shop Winter Gear

Discussion and product reviews of cold weather clothing, tools and equipment
Nobody
Site Admin

Thrift Shop Winter Gear

Post by Nobody »

Gearing up doesn't have to be expensive. You can score some great deals on winter gear at the thrift stores. What deals have you found?

We hit the thrift store circuit today. I had to pass up an awesome pair of wool pants that were a little too small, but I scored this 100% wool Eddie Bauer Flannel shirt for $6. New condition! :cool:

WINTER IS HERE
H8PVMNT

Re: Thrift Shop Winter Gear

Post by H8PVMNT »

Yes indeed, wool is where it's at and if you shop in the right places you can even afford it. Military surplus is good to.
Wake Up, It's 5:29, time to go wheeling!
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: Thrift Shop Winter Gear

Post by Nobody »

Hit the thrift shop by work at lunch today.

Picked up an extremely nice Nordstrom 100% extra fine merino wool sweater. I'm pretty sure it's brand new, never worn. It's also a tall size which is hard for me to find in stores. Similar shirt online sells for $175! My price was a little steep, at $12.99. Woot!

I also picked up this Eddie Bauer Fleece, also a tall size, for $9.99. It's a nice heavy layer for those less active times.

I also saw a brand new pair or 1949 military surplus wool pants. Not sure how common that stuff is these days. Seems like they could be desirable to a collector.
WINTER IS HERE