Yukon Charlie's Snowshoes at Costco 2011- 2012

The Ultimate Snow Trek. Share your Backcountry Snowshoeing adventure here!
Nobody
Site Admin

Yukon Charlie's Snowshoes at Costco 2011- 2012

Post by Nobody »

Costco has the Yukon Charlies snowshoes back in stock. I saw the 8x25 and 9x30's at my local store. Haven't seen the kids version yet. These are great entry level snowshoes that come with with trekking poles. I think it's about $70 for kit.

Costco online has the kids snowshoes and the Yukon Charlie's Pro-Guide snowshoes. I got a par of the Pro-Guide snowshoes a couple years ago. The Pro-guide model has a ratchet binding, which I like. I've got a few miles on mine, and they seem to be holding up just fine.

http://www.costco.com/Common/Search.asp ... lang=en-US

Costco in Canada has some higher end Faber Snowshoes. I'm not sure about shipping to states though.
http://www.costco.ca/Common/Search.aspx ... lang=en-CA

WINTER IS HERE
Baller

Re: Yukon Charlie's Snowshoes at Costco 2011- 2012

Post by Baller »

This is an old thread but, I am looking forward to what Costco stocks this coming year. I'd really like to get into snowshoeing. $70 per kit is very doable. Below is all the have online at the moment. I hope they end up getting something in the stores at a lower price point.

Baller

http://t.costco.com/CatalogSearch?store ... d=Snowshoe
'85 Toyota
'69 Bronco
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

I just started a Costco Gear 2013 thread yesterday. They do have adult and youth snowshoes in stock in the Smokey Point store, I assume all the other stores have them too. Costco has been carrying them pretty regularly for several years now.

I was looking at the online youth snowshoes recently. I'm probably going to buy some for my kids. I really like the switch to the MSR style plastic and a simple ratchet style binding. Combined with trekking poles it's a really good deal. I've been watching Craigslist for some youth MSR's, but haven't had much luck. My oldest daughter was in tears last winter when we couldn't get her snowshoes to fit her boot.

2013 Yukon Charlies Youth Snowshoes - $49.99

MSR Youth Snowshoes - $89.95
WINTER IS HERE
Fubar

Post by Fubar »

got this years model yukon charlies for xmas. tried them out yesterday and I think they work really well. the bindings are easy to use and they fit over my work boots easily.

the poles are also nice quality
I have never snow shoe'd before but I would recommend them.

Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

These snowshoes packages are a great deal. I've been real happy with mine. The only issue I have is that the ratchet binding is too small for my mountaineering boots. I picked up some MSR's to solve that issue.
WINTER IS HERE