A bet my friend made..

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
n16ht5

A bet my friend made..

Post by n16ht5 »

So my buddy at work says he can out wheel me in the snow... $1000 and he is serious. He has a full size Chevy diesel on 38s w lockers. I don't think he has a chance in the spring cascade concrete... I'm on 37s locked F/R on my Runner. In dry powder I'm sure he could win but not say April... who wants to come along to Rat Trap pass?? Lookingat mid-april :tongue:
H8PVMNT

Re: A bet my friend made..

Post by H8PVMNT »

The real question is does he actually know what he is doing or is he just a typical full sized guy with a full sized ego?
Wake Up, It's 5:29, time to go wheeling!
nickb

Post by nickb »

Depends on where you go I might come watch, maybe get a go pro involved... if you lose then somehow the footage would be erased and "my rig broke so I didn't see anything".
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

The question is, are you actually going to take his money? I would think a truck that heavy would need a little more than 38's. Got a pic of the truck in question?

Any idea how much snow is at Rat Trap?
WINTER IS HERE
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

I wouldn't take his money but it would be fun to go out. He is a good guy, just thinks that his HP and weight will get him to plow better than I can float. I'll take a picture.. its a 2011 Chevy duramax.

LOL thanks Nick. The only thing I am concerned with are my untested safety beads. Going to air down this weekend and try them out.

I bet there is 4-5ft on Rat Trap
jam session

Post by jam session »

Well he's probably right, he will plow better, but in over 4ft of spring snow that will just make him hopelessly stuck. As I'm sure you know it is all about the snow conditions. Had an interesting run up Tonga ridge Sat. Spring snow with frozen base at the bottom was fairly easy going (Running 35s at 3psi locked/locked). Got difficult around 3000ft when the snow was about 4-5ft deep and there was more new on top. At about 3600ft conditions began to change from spring snow to winter snow that wasn't packed. We were bogging down about every 5-10ft so turned around. We made it about a mile past the last set of tracks though. Of course it has warmed up a lot since then, so the spring conditions probably go all the way to the top now. Let us know when you go, might want to tag along.
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

April 27th I am shooting for. Rat Trap pass. Spring snow should be pretty good by then, should be able to float right over the top of the pass.
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

The 27th is my daughters birthday, so that won't work for me. I look forward to a trip report though :D
WINTER IS HERE
H8PVMNT

Post by H8PVMNT »

So what heppened? :P
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

He got too busy, is moving across the mountains and has had his truck loaded up for the last month. Looks like next winter...
H8PVMNT

Post by H8PVMNT »

Ha, excuses, they who talk the most smack always have excuses... :)