New To Snow Wheeling

Welcome to SnowTrek.org. If you love the snow, then you've found the right place! Use this forum for general discussion about any topic. Drop-in, say hello. Get to know the other Snow Trek enthusiasts.
christensent

New To Snow Wheeling

Post by christensent »

Moved back to Washington this summer after school and bought a new Rubicon and built it up specifically for snow wheeling. Running Hutchinson double beadlocked 35" MTR's. Been out a few times, nothing quite like driving up a snowy mountain at 4PSI and never spinning once.

(Thanks to the jeep that drove by and pulled me off the Denny Creek exit. Got to air down before getting stuck, doesn't do a thing after stuck in ruts. And not go alone. That's where this forum comes in!)

Most people consider winter an off season, but I'm in it for the snow!

Otherwise, I'm out in the mountains climbing. Primarily into glacier climbs (finished the five WA volcanoes this summer), ice climbing, snow hiking, winter backpacking, and anything that involves water in the solid phase.

Looking to combine the two this winter for some climbing in hard to access places.
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: New To Snow Wheeling

Post by Nobody »

Welcome to the forum! Some (most) people have no idea what they are missing. Congrats on the climbing the volcanos. I'm still trying to get up one :tongue: I'd love to see some of your trip reports.
WINTER IS HERE
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

We need pics of the five volcano summits in one summer.
christensent

Post by christensent »

Oh, I merely finished them this summer... took 3 summers to complete.

Adams

Baker

Glacier Peak (the best peak)

St. Helens, although you'd never know it from the picture. I don't ski (to be fixed this Saturday at Steven's!) so I brought a sled and had the craziest sled ride ever. Too dangerous to repeat, but worth doing once.

Finished off with Rainier.
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Love it! :cool:
WINTER IS HERE
Fubar

Post by Fubar »

Nice stuff!
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

nice. I've been getting spoiled by skis, there's not much motivation to climb anything if I can't ski it now :)