GoPro Studio and Hero 2 audio compatibility issue

Discussion about Photography and Video, equipment, techniques, and editing software
Nobody
Site Admin

GoPro Studio and Hero 2 audio compatibility issue

Post by Nobody »

Since I was struggling with this for a few hours, I figured I'd spread the word.

I was having a problem losing audio after converting the audio clips in GoPro studio version 2.5.3.400. Ultimately I rolled back to 2.0.0.285 and everything started working correctly again. Now I've found out that there is indeed an issue with the latest HERO 2 firmware and GoPro Studio 2.5.3.400. Unfortunately, it doesn't look hopeful that they will ever fix it. Not a huge deal for me since the camera is several years old now, but it's still annoying.

More info here: http://goprouser.freeforums.org/losing- ... 07-10.html
" I was actually just briefed on this issue and can report our findings. Unfortunately, with the latest version of GoPro Studio, it can not process the audio on the HERO2 cameras which are using the latest firmware. The development team for GoPro Studio is aware and they're working on adding a fix for this for a future release. For now we are advising HD HERO2 users to roll back to the later version of software. Before you install this late version uninstall the current version. "
have the same problem and contacted GoPro just after release 2.5.3.400. They are aware of the problem, anyone who wants sound with the Hero2 clips has to step back to version 2.0.0.285 until this problem is solved by the software team in the future.

When will it be solved? In my opinion: NEVER!!
WINTER IS HERE
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: GoPro Studio and Hero 2 audio compatibility issue

Post by Nobody »

I just updated to GoPro Studio 2.5.7.549 and the above issue is resolved.
WINTER IS HERE