Snow wheeling skykomish area 2016/17

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
Hotrcam

Snow wheeling skykomish area 2016/17

Post by Hotrcam »

I Am newish to the area. Live in snohomish. I have been up to the iron goat beckler and tonga Ridge Roads. And looking to see if anyone wheels up there, on here. Getting ready for the snow season this year. I have a sas ranger on 39.5 iroks.
Chris Immer

Re: Snow wheeling skykomish area 2016/17

Post by Chris Immer »

I have a friends in the Snohmish area that love snow wheelin. Rick Pratt, Mike Hall, Shane Algard all with a lot of time on the roads you mentioned as well other good runs. Dion Zacirias who is part of Snowtrek.org is in Stanwood and often wheels south. I moved up north a number of years back and run Bellingham area. A number of us will be heading to Liberty Thanksgiving day through the weekend. Your welcome to join us. Rick Pratt owns Snohomish Transmission. Give him a call any time. He is doing something every weekend. Hope that helps.
christensent

Post by christensent »

I live somewhat near there, and go up Stevens Pass a lot. Also will drive far for a day of good snow. Hard to beat Tonga Ridge if you get it after a storm, but it gets tracked out frequently.
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

I'll be looking to get out a few times this winter. No sign of snow. It was 70* at my house on Friday :confused:
WINTER IS HERE
christensent

Post by christensent »

Nobody wrote:I'll be looking to get out a few times this winter. No sign of snow. It was 70* at my house on Friday :confused:
It's getting close, went skiing on Baker today and there was a foot of fresh snow at 5400ft. Should be getting down to forest road level in a few weeks with some luck (although the next week is not exactly promising)
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

I'm can't believe you found enough snow to ski. It's so warm right now. Ten day forecast doesn't show much change.
WINTER IS HERE
Hotrcam

Post by Hotrcam »

So looking at the extended forcast, it is looking promising for snow by the end of the month near skykomish
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

i bet we'd get record snowfall if I pull my transmission.
WINTER IS HERE
Seventee

Post by Seventee »

Nobody wrote:i bet we'd get record snowfall if I pull my transmission.
Ha, I hurried up and got my transfer case finished last weekend in preparation for this week's snow that was forecast for our area. Now it sounds like the snow isn't going to amount to much. Oh well, danged if you do, danged if you don't. :rolleyes2:
70 Bronco
79 Bronco
79 F-150 4x4
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

We finally got a little snow on the hills last night, so there's a little on the way, but I think the first big dump is still a least a week out.
WINTER IS HERE
Hotrcam

Post by Hotrcam »

I think I am going to aim to go up there the weekend after thanksgiving if anyone's interested?