Boudoir with the Wife in the Snow near Mt Vernon

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
Kurtis

Boudoir with the Wife in the Snow near Mt Vernon

Post by Kurtis »

Okay folks. I havent been active in a long time but need some help. Don't judge but the wife signed us up for a Boudoir photo shoot in the snow. ;-) We are looking a place closer to Mount Vernon than Tonga (my usual stomping grounds) that we can get to with my wheeler. I have lots of experience snow wheeling and I am well equipped with 40s/60/14B and common sense. Split Rock at Walker is around 3k feet thought I'm not sure the snow level is that low. Anyone have advice?

On a side note, I've always wanted to find my way up Rat Trap Pass but dont know how to get there.
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: Boudoir with the Wife in the Snow near Mt Vernon

Post by Nobody »

I haven't been active either... I thought the forum was completely dead, didn't realize anyone was posting, ooops.

Had to google boudoir. Guessing that's a solo trip.

Anyway, snow has been lacking this year, looks like we're just now getting decent blast. I haven't been out this year yet, so i don't really know what's up there. Rat trap needs low elevation snow. It's NF-27 East of Darrington. You can also go up segelsen ridge before they close it for sno-park
WINTER IS HERE
Kurtis

Post by Kurtis »

Yep, going to be a solo trip. Wife wants to do it and she wants to have the 4Runner in the shoot. I can't complain and it should be interesting. Thanks for the info on Rat Trap Pass. Not sure where Segelsen Ridge is. I used to play around out highway 2 a lot. Tonga, Iron goat, Beckler, etc.
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Segelsen is nf-18 west of darrington. You can also go out mountain loop highway and hit green mountain, or boardman. Probably too many people there though. Lots of little side roads around baker lake. Really need the snow level to drop though.

Stevens area is more reliable, but damn I hate that drive.
WINTER IS HERE