Trip Report - Mountain Loop

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
Cylvertip

Trip Report - Mountain Loop

Post by Cylvertip »

Have been up on the 4020 Rd (Boardman Lake Rd) and 41 Rd (Green Mt Rd) a few times over the last several weeks. Snow is degrading and getting pretty snotty as the temps warm. Only made it about halfway to Boardman Lake this afternoon. Turned around just prior to making the split to Bear and Heather Lake. I probably could have aired down and done a bit better, but figured it was going to be a slog and bailed. Made it about a mile further a month ago. Have fun and stay safe.
Last edited by Cylvertip on Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: Trip Report - Mountain Loop

Post by Nobody »

Thanks for the report. Made it out Saturday, still a lot of snow over 3,000 feet.
WINTER IS HERE
Cylvertip

Post by Cylvertip »

Did a quick check of the 41 Rd last night. Still a good 12-18 inches of snow at 2000'. Lots of folks were up on the switch backs last night enjoying the sunset and some outdoor time.
Cylvertip

Post by Cylvertip »

Hit the 4020 Rd to Boardman Lake again yesterday along with the 4056 at Deer Creek. 12-24" of snow on the road at 2500' on the 4020. Made it to within a 1/3rd of a mile of the big gravel pit up top, or 8/10ths of a mile from the Boardman lake trail head. Hit a puddle in a low spot and buried it to the frame. Decided to winch out vs dig -see pic. I only made it a few hundred yards before I bailed.
There was 12-18" of snow at 2100 feet on the 4056. Which is about 2 miles up. Only went about 100 yds on full snow before calling it there.
Loop is still closed at Deer Creek.
image001.jpg
image001.jpg (20.24 KiB) Viewed 7593 times