New Guy - Who wants to go by Darrington Tue or Wed?

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
n16ht5

New Guy - Who wants to go by Darrington Tue or Wed?

Post by n16ht5 »

Hey, I am Chris.. I live in Arlington, happened to stumble on this site and recognized the old black bomber B2. I want to hit some snow on Tue, was thinking of Segelson or Iron Mountain? where exactly is Iron Mountain?...

whos in?? I only have 33x12.50s, but I have a rear locker.

I went up Segelson on Thursday, hit about 18" of snow on my bike...

Nobody
Site Admin

Re: New Guy - Who wants to go by Darrington Tue or Wed?

Post by Nobody »

Welcome to the site. I have to work this week, but I am hoping to get out to Segelson this year. Iron Mountain is basically the other side of Segelson. Are they still grooming Segelson? I haven't been out there in over 10 years. Must have been a fun ride on the bike :tongue:
WINTER IS HERE
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

yeah it was pretty fun... Last I knew they groomed it, but it's been a while since I went there late in the year. which roads do you take to get to Iron? I pretty much have only run Mountain loop stuff... Pilchuck till they gated it, Green Mt, Boardman Lake, Coal Lake, White Chuck mt, North mt, backside of lake Cavanaugh, and Segelson... few others at times when they have good snow.. I remember seeing a youtube of your old B2, I thought it was really cool.. up on pilchuck.

where all do you run?
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

I miss my bronco II. It always did real well in the snow. We'll probably hit the mountain loop area after we get some fresh snow. Iron Mountain is off the south skagit hwy. I don't know the road number off the top of my head.
WINTER IS HERE