Post by Wil »

Wil

Re: Couple of weeknds up here in BC

Post by Wil »

Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Now we're talking! Glad we are finally getting snow. Last year was pretty rough. Did any particular rig out perform the others? Those tires on that land cruiser buggy are massive!

Thanks for sharing!
WINTER IS HERE
Wil

Post by Wil »

It was the 1st day on the 46" claws for the buggy, all the snow guys up here groove the heck out of them and this set only had 1 tire grooved and we just threw them on wheels we had kicking around with no beadlocks. So once those tires are grooved and on something like a 16x14 rim vs the 16x10's they are on, and with a beadlock the performance is going to be insane. The buggy with the 46's and my Toy with 42's both run D60's and the difference in ground clearance was mind blowing.

The FToy worked incredibly well even with 37" tires, I was kinda blown away by it. Very interesting to see a rig that probably weighs 2k lbs less than mine and how it performed. I've got to put mine on a diet.

I was going to put 46" claws on mine this winter too but started a new business so had to modify my cash priorities. I'm having serious tire envy now.
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Are the 46 inch claws radial? Seems like with tires that big the sidewalls might be too stiff even at zero psi. I wish I could at least get some 38's. I'd love to build a dedicated snow wheeler some day.
WINTER IS HERE
Wil

Post by Wil »

No they are bias, this was the 1st day on them and by the end of the day the sidewalls were already bagging out running at 1-2 psi. Sidewall stiffness is not going to be a worry especially after he finishes grooving the tread. I run 42's and these 46's are just an entire new level of tire, they make mine seem tiny and the difference in ground clearance is amazing.
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

What are the other tires in the group? Pitbulls on your yota, IROK's on the exploder? Can't tell on the yellow buggy. Radial/BIAS?
WINTER IS HERE
Wil

Post by Wil »

The yellow buggy is running 37" Trxus stickies.
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

that is pure awesome.. where were you?