Nearby Snow Wheeling This Sunday

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
danwheeler

Nearby Snow Wheeling This Sunday

Post by danwheeler »

hey guys, some buddies and I are heading out this weekend in search of snow. We're all in the Kirkland/Bellevue/Woodinville area and are looking for something sorta nearby. I guess that pretty much means I90.

Is there any good snow wheelin on I90? I'd like to head over to Ellensburg/Colockum but one of the guys doesn't to drive that far.

any suggestions appreciated. All are welcome to join although I'll warn you, one of our guys is on 31s locked grand cherokee so it could be slow or no going at all. We're just out to goof around in the snow - nothing too serious.

thanks,
Dan
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: Nearby Snow Wheeling This Sunday

Post by Nobody »

It's a bit far for me this time. There's been a lot of low elevation snow, so you shouldn't have any problem finding enough to play. I don't know the area down there, but I know there are some forest service roads off Tinkham road that used to be popular. Post up some pics!
WINTER IS HERE
danwheeler

Post by danwheeler »

looks like we're gonna head over to Colockum tomorrow morning if anyone wants to join.

Will post up pics when we get back. Never been there before so should be fun exploring unless we get stuck right away.
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Air down to 2-4 psi, keep the wheel straight, don't let your tires spin if you aren't moving, and stay out of the throttle. You should be able go where ever you point it!
WINTER IS HERE
danwheeler

Post by danwheeler »

We had a great day out at Colockum today. I got stuck once trying to get in front of the Jeep on 31s to get him unstuck and ended up in some deep stuff. The Jeep on 31s only got stuck that one time and the Jeep on 35s got stuck once too. Nothing major though. We met up with some guys that came in from Park Creek.

Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing. Were you able to open up and let the Bronco run a bit out there?
WINTER IS HERE
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

cool pictures, great weather