new here just wondering where most of the videos are taken

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
codyz

new here just wondering where most of the videos are taken

Post by codyz »

hey every one i was wondering where the videos are taken with the broncos i seen you had washington plates and was wondring where the places are so i can look on google maps to see i live in snohomish and may want to go on a few trips sometime

THANKS
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: new here just wondering where most of the videos are tak

Post by Nobody »

Most of our snow wheeling is in Snohomish, Skagit, and Whatcom counties. I tend to prefer the north end since there are fewer people. If the snow level is low enough, it really opens up the options. Generally I like to see a lot of snow at or below 3000 feet before I go out. We're tossing around the idea of going this weekend if you're interested.
WINTER IS HERE
codyz

Post by codyz »

i would but my truck is apart right now and im working to get it back together i just need a few more parts haha

i have a 1979 ford F-150 highboy with 35's and a two inch lift (soon to to be 5 inch or so)
but once its done maybe ill come up with you guys
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

There's a few guys that can make the fullsizes work. Save the money on the lift and put it toward bigger tires.

If you're serious about snow wheeling in your fullsize, make it it look like this.

WINTER IS HERE
codyz

Post by codyz »

thats basicly what i have and i want the truck to have some fenders left :D so thats why i would lift it and my dad has a 79 ford F-350 with 40's on it that are 18 inches wide that we used to go in the snow good but its been parked for a long time haha
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Fenders are overrated, particularly among snow wheelers!
WINTER IS HERE
codyz

Post by codyz »

yea well do you guys run lockers from and rear? and maybe ill see if i can get my dads 67 ford bronco off of him and make it go in the snow
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

I run a lockright in the front and an ARB in the rear. Lockers definately help a lot, but I wouldn't say they are absolutely necessary to go play. You'll just be more limited on what you can do. Generally, it doesn't take much more than airing down to be able to follow along...conditions depending of course.

One problem with snow wheeling fullsize trucks is when they sink, it can be very difficult to get them unstuck, whether you're wenching or yanking with a tow strap. There's usually a lot of digging! So while you can do it, you have have to use a lot of caution and common sense on where you try to go.

The Early Bronco would make a much better snow wheeler. However to be honest, an EB wouldn't be my first choice. You'd be much better off with a midsize suv like a toyota 4runner, jeep cherokee, jeep xj, yj, zj, or Bronco II. Does your dad have one of those too? :finger: Bronco II's and Cherokees can be picked up for literally next to nothing and can make very decent snow wheelers, with all the modern creature comforts. So if you haven't started a project yet, you might want to take a step back and decide what direction you really want to go.
WINTER IS HERE
codyz

Post by codyz »

nope dont have one of thouse but i do know some people that do. and my truck hardly weights nothing because its all half ton and there isent much to the body and front end and the bed doesn't either two people can lift

i wish i could find a jeep for cheap every one i see is like 2,000 i wish i could find a beater for like 500 id buy one and i have a small block for one just need the jeep to put it in or toyota

ill see if i can find a lockright for my dana 44 for the front and i have a 5 lug dana 60 for the rear just have to get it from a friend