Finally good snow run 11-17-12

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
snowrunner574

Finally good snow run 11-17-12

Post by snowrunner574 »

Finally we got enough snow to play in. Found about 10-14 inches. Did our normal run to bone springs. Heres some pics
Nobody
Site Admin

Re: Finally good snow run 11-17-12

Post by Nobody »

So that's what real snow looks like. Get it while you can! We're still waiting on the wet side. Late this year :frown:
WINTER IS HERE
n16ht5

Post by n16ht5 »

looks like fun..

stevenspass is raining right now :(
went up to green mt last night to find 6" of slush at 3k
snowrunner574

Post by snowrunner574 »

Nobody wrote:So that's what real snow looks like. Get it while you can! We're still waiting on the wet side. Late this year :frown:
It was a good run. Snow was good but you could still feel the washboards in the road. We left at 9pm and I got home at 3am. We got to the warming shed around midnight and played for a bit. It hasnt been that cold and its been raining so I dont know how much is left. :? I have monday off and might go up and do a different loop from Walla Walla to Dayton. Do your roads close at all?
n16ht5 wrote:looks like fun..

stevenspass is raining right now :(
went up to green mt last night to find 6" of slush at 3k
It was fun. Was a long night though. Ive been watching the forecast for Tollgate and it looks like a rain/snow mix this week with snow forecast for the weekend. So hopefully it'll get deeper before our higher elevation roads close.
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

snowrunner574 wrote:Do your roads close at all?
Over the last 10 years or so we've lost many of the "good" spots that are close to home. Some just because they can, and some to sno-park status for the snowmobiles, which is really stupid because except for the 2-3 days of good snow, most the snowmobilers can't stand the heavy snow and go elsewhere. I get really fired up about this topic, so I'll spare you my incoherent ranting. :mad2:

Luckily, there are still a few ungated logging roads we can run when the snow level drops enough. The lower the snow level, the more options we have.
Attachments
P3040005 (Custom).JPG
P3040017 (Custom).JPG
WINTER IS HERE