The only good day this year

Discussion about deep snow wheeling, vehicle builds, trip reports, etc
Wil

The only good day this year

Post by Wil »

Hi Guys,

Looks like your snow season has been as lousy as ours up in Vancouver. We have managed to have 1 good day this year and lucky for me I managed to find it. These pics are from Squamish (between Vancouver and Whistler) about 3 weeks ago.

All I can say is it sure is going to be a long summer this year!
Wil

Re: The only good day this year

Post by Wil »

My buddy Tom managed to fall off the road, lucky their was 3' of fresh snow otherwise it really would have sucked.
Wil

Post by Wil »

Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Welcome to the site! Thanks for sharing. Awesome pics!

This is officially the worst snow year I can remember, following the one of the best ever. I just can't believe it. I had such high hopes to get a lot of snow wheelin in this year.

How far from Vancouver do you have to go for snow wheelin? I'd love to do a road trip someday. I'm just a little south of the border.
WINTER IS HERE
Wil

Post by Wil »

Nobody wrote:Welcome to the site! Thanks for sharing. Awesome pics!

This is officially the worst snow year I can remember, following the one of the best ever. I just can't believe it. I had such high hopes to get a lot of snow wheelin in this year.

How far from Vancouver do you have to go for snow wheelin? I'd love to do a road trip someday. I'm just a little south of the border.
I agree, it has been absolutely the worst year, I really only enjoy the snow wheeling, pretty much park my rig during the summer so it's going to a very long summer this year.

Within 1hr from Vancouver is where we go snow wheeling and one of our local places is 20 mins from my house and is great in winter but as you know if you have a road with 4' of snow it doesn't really matter where you go. The beauty of snow wheeling as long as there is snow there is a challenge.
built4war

Post by built4war »

sweet pictures, nice rides! its dumping snow in oregon its suppose to keep it up all week i went for the first trip ever in the snow in my project bronco and was impressed but i was the only rig and didnt want to mess up and be stranded so i just took a few pics nothing to extreme but ill post them asap!!!
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

Wil wrote: I agree, it has been absolutely the worst year, I really only enjoy the snow wheeling, pretty much park my rig during the summer so it's going to a very long summer this year.

Within 1hr from Vancouver is where we go snow wheeling and one of our local places is 20 mins from my house and is great in winter but as you know if you have a road with 4' of snow it doesn't really matter where you go. The beauty of snow wheeling as long as there is snow there is a challenge.
About the same as here. If I head straight to the mountains I can be in the snow in 30 minutes. Or if I need more elevation I need to go north or south.

What elevation are you typically in? Typically we're in the 3,000-6,000' range.
WINTER IS HERE
built4war

Post by built4war »

hey whats all done to the mid 80's yota? and do you like the pitbull tires?
Wil

Post by Wil »

Nobody wrote:
About the same as here. If I head straight to the mountains I can be in the snow in 30 minutes. Or if I need more elevation I need to go north or south.

What elevation are you typically in? Typically we're in the 3,000-6,000' range.
Usually in the 3,000 range. Unfortunately if we need to get higher we are going to be in conflict with snowmobilers. Luckily most years 3,000' areas is fine with a lot of snow. Funny thing is around Vancouver there are strangely very few snow wheelers not like in Wash state.

Btw great idea for a website!
Last edited by Wil on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wil

Post by Wil »

built4war wrote:hey whats all done to the mid 80's yota? and do you like the pitbull tires?
The Toy pickup is mine 4.3, turbo 350 to Toyota Crawl box mated to a D300 with an OTT adapter, Dana 60's front and rear. Leaf sprung front and rear so it's a pretty simple truck and decently reliable. Too damn hot to drive in summer so I mostly only snow wheel. Really, really happy with the Pitbulls, these are the 42's, regretting not going with 44's. Truck needs a V8, the 4.3 is not enough.
Nobody
Site Admin

Post by Nobody »

I have a 5.0L HO in my EB. On those special days when conditions are just right, it leaves me begging for more power. The fuel injection sure made a world of difference though. I can't really complain.
WINTER IS HERE